William E. Wagner, III, M.A., M.P.H., Ph.D.Professor, Health Science
Dr. Wagner teaches primarily statistics and research methods courses in the social, behavioral, & health sciences. He has published in national and regional scholarly journals on topics such as urban sociology, sports, homophobia, academic status, and public health. His work has also been presented at numerous regional, national, and international scientific and professional conferences.
Dr. Wagner has published a number of books in the areas of statistics, survey research, and research methodology. Please see the links, below, for further information.
Prior to arriving at CSU Channel Islands, Dr. Wagner held the position of Director of the Institute for Social & Community Research at CSU Bakersfield. During his tenure at ISCR, he served as a principal investigator on approximately $2 million in research grants and contracts.
Dr. Wagner worked as a statistician at SPSS, Inc., while completing his M.A. & Ph.D. in Sociology at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He also holds an M.P.H. (Master of Public Health) degree from CSU Northridge. Dr. Wagner also holds two undergraduate degrees from St. Mary's College of Maryland: one in Anthropology/Sociology, the other bachelor's degree was earned in Mathematics.
Visit Dr. Wagner's website: http://faculty.csuci.edu/william.wagner/
Representative Courses Taught
- SOC 310 Research Methods in Sociology
- SOC 303 Statistical Applications in the Social Sciences
- PSY 303 Statistical Applications in the Social Sciences
- POLS 303 Statistical Applications in the Social Sciences
- SOC 309 Topics in LGBTQ Studies
- UNIV 392 International Experience: Culture & Commerce in Taiwan
- HLTH 309 Research Methods in the Health Sciences
- SOC 499 Sociology Capstone
- HLTH 494 Independent Research in the Health Sciences
- HLTH 100 Medical Terminology
- SOC 100 Introduction to Sociology
Social Network Analysis, Public Health, LGBTQ+ Studies, Research Design/Methodology, Biostatistics, Epidemiology