Please come to this informational meeting to find out more about the UNIV 392 trip to Paris, France this summer 2019.
A maximum of 15 students will travel to Paris with CSUCI Professor Liz King to live/study/experience art and create art in Paris for 3 weeks – May 19th thru June 10, 2019. You will receive 3 units of credit. This CSUCI summer program/course is offered through CSUCI's Extended University is operated in association with the Paris American Academy, an established private art school located near the Sorbonne in the exciting Latin Quarter of metropolitan Paris.
This trip is made possible by the Center for International Affairs, CSUCI and is partially funded by the Instructional Related Activities Fund, CSUCI.
The estimated cost of the trip is approx. $3100 but it may be less or more depending on the actual cost of the flight. This cost includes your flight, housing in Paris (apartments), the UNIV 392 course fee (through CSUCI Extended University), Bus transportation to and from the CDG Airport/Paris American Academy. all museum fees, metro subway card, train to Giverny, selected meals including a dinner at La Coupole Brasserie.
The itinerary will include:
1. museum trips - Louvre Museum, Musée D'Orsay, Pompidou center, Musée Picasso, Monet's gardens at Giverny, & more
2. Gardens, Churches and Sites: Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Élysées, Luxembourg Gardens, Tuileries, Notre Dame, Eiffel Towers, Versailles, Sacre Coeur & more
1. The IRA committee disallows funding for repeat students participating in any University 392 international experience course, therefore do not apply if this is the case.
2. You will not be eligible for the IRA funds if you graduate in the Spring 2019 semester. You must defer your graduation until the summer 2019 or later.
3. Your passport must be valid for six months beyond your intended return date - Dec. 20, 2019.