Ph. D, M.A. English, SUNY Binghamton University
B.A. English, Pine Manor College
As a first generation college student myself, I understand the power of finding one’s voice through writing. In my first semester of college, I had a writing teacher who made me feel seen, heard and showed me that writing well is power, and that gave me the courage to persevere and succeed in college.
Teaching writing in culturally responsive, equitable and empowering ways is my pedagogical passion, and informs much of my research. In my role as the English Education Advisor and Coordinator, I strive to mentor students to become culturally responsive, equity minded teachers who will find new and creative ways to pass on their love of literature and writing.
Representative Courses Taught
- ENGL 102 Stretch Composition I
- ENGL 105 Composition & Rhetoric
- ENGL 299 Editing Studio
- ENGL 260 Creative Writing
- ENGL 330 Interdisciplinary Writing
- ENGL 478 Writing as Reflective Practice
- ENGL 479 Field Experience in English Education
- ENGL 499 English Capstone